The European Union says that Trump’s tariff is a “major blow to the global economy” but it is still open to the talks despite our escalation

European leaders went out on Thursday against the new US tariff, as the European Union said it was ready to respond with counter -measures while opening the door for recent negotiations.
US President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday a 20 percent tariff for the European Union as part of comprehensive charges of imports that sparked fears of a global trade war.
Trump has previously imposed a tariff on European steel imports and aluminum, as well as cars and spare parts.
Ursula von der Layen, head of the 27 -member bloc, described a “major blow to the global economy” and said Brussels “is preparing for more counter measures.”
“I regret this extreme choice,” von der Lin said on a visit to Uzbekistan.
“It seems that there is no matter in this turmoil. There is no clear way through the complexity and chaos that are created as all commercial partners in the United States are beaten.”
But she said that “it has not been too late to address fears through negotiations”, with the aim of the great response to the threat of the tariff facing the bloc.
Germany supported the efforts made by “Solving negotiations”, but Economy Minister Robert Habik said that the European Union is ready to give “a clear, clear and firm response” if the talks fail.
In France, President Emmanuel Macron is scheduled to meet the heads of the sectors that have been in definitions, and government spokeswoman Sophie Premas said that the bloc is “ready for a commercial war” and plans to “attack services online.”
Britain – is no longer a member of the European Union and a strong American ally – that it hopes to “reduce” an economic deal “the impact” of the 10 percent tariff imposed by Trump on the United Kingdom.
Prime Minister Kiir Starmer told business leaders that “it is clear that there will be an economic impact,” but the government “will fight for the best deal.”
Prime Minister Italy, Georgia Meloni, described the new definitions as “wrong” and said that the bloc will do everything in power “to work for an agreement with the United States, with the aim of preventing a trade war that would inevitably weaken the West in favor of other global actors.”
Foreign Minister, Antonio Tajani, said that he will meet with the president of the European Union Trade Marus Sivkovic in Brussels on Thursday to discuss a response “based on a practical approach, based on the dialogue.”
After Switzerland obtained a 31 percent tariff, President Karen Keeler Street said that the government would quickly decide in the following steps, adding that respect for international law and free trade is “essential.”
Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said that friendship with the United States means partnership, and therefore “it is necessary” to truly mutual tariff. “
There are also fears in Europe that Trump’s higher customs duties will lead to a flood of cheap goods from other countries, especially China.
“Don’t be divided”
Bird Lang, who leads the Commercial Committee of Parliament in the European Union, criticized “unjustified, illegal and invisible measures.”
European industry groups are called Trump’s reverse move to countries and agents alike.
The German Automobile Industry Association said that the definitions “will create only the losers” and urged the European Union to act “with the necessary force, while continuing to indicate its willingness to negotiate.”
The association of the German chemical industry called on the European Union to “maintain a cold head”, warning that “the escalation cycle will only increase the damage.”
The European Union has already been subjected to many American tariffs advertisements since Trump’s return to his post in January, including a 25 percent tax on car imports that came into effect on Thursday.
The mass producers have also been affected by 25 percent of the United States on steel and aluminum from all over the world-which has already promised Brussels with anti-starting measures in mid-April.
US Treasury Secretary, Scott Pastant, warned the two countries against revenge.
“Sitting, take it,” he told Fox News. “Because if you review, there will be an escalation.”
This story was originally shown on Fortune.com